Troop 48's
PUBLIC SITE
Home Page
Mission and Vision
Why Join Troop 48
Youth Protection
Troop Leadership
Troop Committee
Program Calendar
OA
Service Projects
Fundraising
Troop History
Eagle Honor Roll
Award Receipients
In Loving Memory
Scouting Links
Supporters
Contact Us
Webmaster


 
Boy Scout Troop 48
(New Holland, Pennsylvania)
 
ScoutLander Contact Our Troop Member Login
  
 

SCOUTMASTERS OF TROOP 48



George S. Townsley: 1917 - 1929
Ezra Rank - 1929 - 1931
John Sensenig - 1931 - 1932
Leon Smith - 1932 - 1934
Paul Bensinger: 1394 - 1935
Clyde H. Kauffman: 1935 - 1944
John W. Sweigart: 1945
Irvin V. Diffenderfer: 1946
Robert P. Simon: 1947 - 1951
Charles Brown: 1952
Paul W. Stone: 1953 - 1954
Gunter Kaiser: 1955
LaVern E. Whitmer: 1956 - 1957
Francis S. Groff: 1958 - 1960
Marvin S. Hutchinson: 1961 - 1963
Robert E. Patton: 1964
Charles R. Miller: 1965
Harold R. Gehman: 1966 - 1995
Richard L. Jones: 1995 - 2004
Gregory S. Martin: 2004 - 2009
Charles W. Ulrich, IV: 2009 - Present

TROOP 48 SCOUT HOME

Dedicated June 11, 1941, this building is the home of Troop 48. Located on South Roberts Avenue, the property was purchased May 2, 1940 by Troop 48 trustees from the estate of John A. Hoffman, M.D. and remodeled.

In the early days, in addition to Troop meetings, it was used for serving fund-raising dinners. It houses the flower show during the annual fall Farmer's Fair and was a recycling collection base for newspapers from 1941 until 1991.

In addition, Explorer Post 348 and Cub Scout Pack 148 used it as a meeting place for a short time. The building has also been used as a meeting place by church groups and various community organizations.